Job description for EMT position with Capital Health in New Jersey, verbatim from LinkedIn:
- Responds to dispatched emergency assignments.
- Implements patient care procedures by using assessment skills pertaining to the illness or injury.
- Identifies and manages rapidly changing situations of an emergency patient care situation. Assesses patient’s current condition through physical and verbal exam via patient or others present.
- Collects all available pertinent patient information form patient, family, friends, medical records, and medications.
- Transfers the patient to care provider and facility providing the receiving staff with a report. Completes all paperwork requirements during patient transfer.
- Completes patient care record including demographic information, clinical findings, history, medications, allergies treatment rendered, and any changes during transport.
- Provides a comprehensive written incident report describing any unusual event.
In other words, hurry to the scene of medical emergencies in a big van and save people’s lives.
High School Diploma or GED
Previous EMT experience preferred.
NJ EMT certification required.
Frequent physical demands include: Sitting , Walking , Push/PullOccasional physical demands include: Standing , Climbing (e.g., stairs or ladders) , Carry objects , Twisting , Bending , Reaching forward , Reaching overhead , Squat/kneel/crawl , Wrist position deviation , Pinching/fine motor activities , Keyboard use/repetitive motion Continuous physical demands include: Talk or HearLifting Floor to Waist 80 lbs. Lifting Waist Leveland Above 30 lbs.
In other words, you have to be able to lift people all day, twelve hours a day, save their lives, then write reports about how you saved their lives. College degree not required, and high school degree barely required.
For Emergency Medical Technician in New Jersey, New Jersey, US at Capital Health
Range: $25K to $47K
Range: $25K to $47K