As might be surmised from my last post, the Summer 2018 issue of Reason Papers (volume 40, number 1) has just come out. The whole issue is available as an 111 page PDF via this link. Individual items are more easily accessible via this link (you’ll have to scroll down a bit).
The editors have posted this announcement on the website:
After serving for twelve years—first as Co-Managing-Editor and then as Co-Editor-in-Chief of Reason Papers—Carrie-Ann Biondi has stepped down from her Co-Editor-in-Chief position. Demoting herself to Book Review Editor will allow her time to turn to other projects calling from the wings. Shawn Klein now serves as the Editor-in-Chief of Reason Papers.
Shawn Klein remains Editor-in-Chief. I remain in place as the journal’s “Editor-at-Large,” a position that involves more livin’ large than editing.
Here is the Table of Contents (yet another way of accessing the issue).
ISSUE 40, NO. 1 – SUMMER 2018 (FULL ISSUE)
Symposium: Stoicism Reconsidered
- Choose the Hyundai —Jennifer Baker
- Toward the Fifth Stoa: The Return of Virtue Ethics —Massimo Pigliucci
- Can the Modern Stoic Grieve? Comments on Massimo Pigliucci’s “Toward the Fifth Stoa: The Return of Virtue Ethics” —Brian Earl Johnson
- Stoicism, Friendship, and Grief: A Response to Johnson —Massimo Pigliucci
- Mere Prudence? Existentialist Ethics, Moral Anti-Realism, and Freedom —Jason Walker
- How to Live a More Authentic Life in Both Markets and Morals —Mark D. White
- Reply to Walker and White —William Irwin
- Memorializing Genocide II: Later Holocaust Documentaries —Gary James Jason
- Harry Binswanger’s How We Know: Epistemology on an Objectivist Foundation —Raymond Raad
- Shawn Klein’s (ed.) Defining Sport —Thornton Lockwood
- Oliver Ramsbotham et al.’s Contemporary Conflict Resolution (4th ed.) —Alex Abbandonato